Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Photographs from My Vacation

Earlier this month, my family and I took our weekly annual vacation up to the Inyo National forest area, between Yosemite and Mono Lake. The elevation where we were staying in the Sierras was at about 10,000 feet, which takes some time getting used to (and often gives me nose bleeds...). Within five days, my family and I hiked over thirty miles throughout the forest. We visited locations such as the Saddlebag Lakes / 20 Lakes Basin and Lundy Canyon. Below are a some pictures I snapped. Hopefully, the fires that have been threatening Yosemite will be contained soon; the dry weather has been very concerning.


One of the many lakes along the Saddlebag loop.


A gorgeous view down Lundy Canyon. 


Wildflowers such as mountain daises and lupin lined the trials.


A beaver left his mark here.


One of the many waterfalls of Lundy Canyon.


My sister enjoying the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment